Saturday, October 30, 2010

Detox and Pumpkin Pie

OK, so I don't know if I had mentioned yet, but I started at "10 days raw" promise to myself in order to get back to health, and detox some of my "i just turned 21" partying. :-)

The first day I felt pretty normal, and same with the second day. For some reason though, the third day I felt MAGNIFICENT, and woke up energetic, excited, and ready to take on the world. However, the 4th, 5th and 6th days were another stories. I had headaches, my nose was runny, I had a hard time sleeping etc. Also, on the 5th and 6th days, my skin got super super dry, and my lips got really chapped! Like painfully so! It's the 7th day today, and so far my lips are feeling a lot better, but I'm just wondering what that was from? Is that a common detox sign? Who knows.

Anyhow, my runny nose and headaches have (thankfully) subsided. Today is a big day over at the Louk's house! There's a giant pumpkin carving party and a vegan potluck as well. I'm making raw pumpkin pie in honor of it, and I'm using a rawmazing recipe. Expect the video soon on how to make it!

Anyhow. I'm hoping that my symptoms go away, but so far so good! Now i just have to make it through halloween without drinking or eating any candy... Yikes! Wish me luck!

Best,

cliff

No comments:

Post a Comment