Tuesday, February 8, 2011

FAVORITE NON-VEGAN FOODS

For those of you who may be shocked, horrified, and disgusted by the thought of non-raw and vegan food... TURN AWAY! This is a quick post dedicated to some of my favorite vegetarian foods. You have been warned!

One of my all-time favorite breakfast cereals in the world is Barbara's Shredded Spoonfulls. It's pretty harmless, vegan, but definitely not organic. I grew up with this as my daily breakfast, and I still have a pretty strong attachment to it. It was great to be able to eat it again after my 3 weeks full throttle raw!

I still ate it with homemade raw almond milk... Really good!

I'm currently creating a gigantic batch of the Louk's Family's Raw Berry Crunch Cereal... So that should replace this option soon. But in the meantime... I've been binging.

Also, I am fortunate enough to live near the best Thai Food restaurant in America: Cholada's Thai Beach Cuisine. It's on PCH in Malibu, and I literally have dreams about the food from this place. One of the first dishes I ate was the Tofu Pad Thai from Cholada's... Literally the best. AND, they serve fresh young Thai Coconuts! Two of my favorite foods in one restaurant! If I worked there I would become morbidly obese in a matter of weeks. I have a problem.

I salivate just looking at this. The lime juice makes this dish amazing.

Also, if you haven't been to Sharky's Mexican Food Restaurant through the Malibu Canyon, then you're missing out. I have a running total of more than $600 dollars spent exclusively at this restaurant, and that's difficult to do because the food is really cheap. It's organic, wood fired, and they have tons of vegetarian options. The Tofu Nacho-Grande is what I get every time. I went last night and was sent into an eating frenzy that satiated a deep part of my soul haha... Really though, this is the best Mexican food I've ever had. I will sorely miss this place when I leave LA. I didn't get a picture of this yet... I will though. It's difficult to restrain myself from attacking the plate when it gets to my table, but I'll try to resist so that I can photograph it next time.

I obviously have several more favorite non-vegan foods that I would love to share, but these are just a few. I'll be sure to keep posting!

Best,

Cliff


2 comments:

  1. Oh man, pad thai is a favorite of mine too.
    Actually, I used to binge on cereal as well. ANY cereal, really. I usually bought Kix or Rice Krispies just cuz they were low-cal, but for the one year I lived in the dorms at college, I had access to an all-day, all-you-can-eat CEREAL BAR with 12 DIFFERENT CEREAL choices per day. I used to make "suicide cereal," a.k.a. a little bit of each all in one bowl...ah, sugary memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUICIDE CEREAL? Woah... sign me up. Our cafeteria has something similar, but it's too damned expensive. By the time I got to college, I was trying to eat healthier too. :-( 12 different cereal choices though... wow. heaven.

    ReplyDelete