Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lunch with the Louks

Lunch with the Louks

I had ANOTHER amazing meal at June’s house before I left Malibu, (Thank G-d) and it was fantastic. She has this really really good jicama salad recipe that you can check out on her website, http://rawumptiousrecipes.com/index.php?page_id=268 and there were these buckwheat crackers with avocado, trocamere, and onions marinated in beet juice… Let me tell you, not only were these things filling as hell, but they were SO GOOD. June has a real talent for making AMAZING raw food that adults and children a like love.

I went over her potential for youtube, and how she really should get more material out into the raw food internet world… her family is such an amazing example for others who are thinking about doing the same thing. Her husband, and kids all eat raw food, and her kitchen is so awesome. She has several hours of video that is just WAITING to be edited, and luckily I discovered that her daughter hailey is a fantastic editor. I am trying to see if she’ll help her mom out by making 5 minute clips of their family life and raw foods. It has so much potential! Let me reiterate, Hailey is really quite talented with imovie HD. She could make some bomb youtube posts.

Anyhow, the meal and the time I spent with them was amazing as usual. I am going to miss them over the summer, but there’s a chance that they may be in CT at some point this summer… So if they are I really hope we can do some sort of joint video venture about raw food and stuff. That would be so cool.

The day after, I checked out this vegan place that I had never heard of called “juicy ladies” and it was in woodland hills. They have a bunch of different raw options, including raw icecream! I had their no tuna wrap, and I was so stoked to see that they sold a bunch of natural body care products. I was digging their “oralive” toothpaste… I think that would be a pretty great new product to get into. The only thing I didn’t like was that the inside looked like a mcdonalds playground. Way too many colors. It felt like whoever designed it was desperate to be edgy or playful.

Despite the potential epileptic fit you may have from going in there, the food was great! Here’s a picture of my meal there… It was cheap too! 8 bucks! I love it! (ok fine… it was cheap by RAW FOOD standards… but you try getting ANYTHING at a raw food restaurant that will fill you for 8 bucks…)

I think I’m starting to feel some detox symptoms from finals week, but I can’t tell if those are just from exhaustion or detoxification… Whatever it is though, it’s clear that I need rest. CT here I come!

Best,

Cliff

No comments:

Post a Comment