Saturday, December 25, 2010

CHRISTMAS LOOT

Leighanne and Tom (my parents) really outdid themselves this year. We had an amazing day that started far later than usual. We were up at 10:30 (gasp), and we didn't finish presents until 3pm! We took it slow, and made sure that there were ample amounts of breakfast and tea while we received gifts.


There was a definite theme in 2010: cooking! I got all sorts of great stuff for the kitchen... I'm so pumped to get back to California to use them all!!! Here are some of the new shiny toys:


My mom has been on an awesome health kick during a whole 4 months of "empty-nesthood." My brother Glenn and I were both at college and our littlest brother Tommy was away in Switzerland for the semester, so Mom got the chance to take charge of her health! I got her a yoga mat to catalyze the process. :-)


This was one of the first presents I opened, and I flipped! My own juicer! YAHOO!


Sur La Table gift certificate. A definite must.


AND THE GRAND SLAMMER! My very own vita mix! It's mini sized (perfect for my apartment) and I can't wait to get this thing up and running. My mom was saying that we should ship it, but frankly, I'm going to pack it in my suitcase. I can't live without this another day! My food processor shouldn't be making anymore smoothies!


Also, the night before, my Aunt Juli and Uncle Dennis gave me this book! Yes it's Betty Crocker, but I was looking through there, and I have a feeling that there is a ton of good inspiration potential for this thing. I just might lay off all the cheese and butter Betty's so fond of hahaha... But seriously, my Aunt and Uncle hit the nail on the head.

So basically my family's the shit and I'm so excited to get cooking again! YAHOOO!

Merry Christmas!

Cliff

2 comments:

  1. Oh my a mini sized vitamix? Wowee you are gonna be having and making some yummy stuff with that one. I just wrote a an ode to my VM the other day (a day in the life of) and I couldn't imagine another day without mine. And what a great juicer too. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much! I'm finally an official raw foodie. I have every kitchen "toy" that a raw food chef needs, and I've been whipping up all kinds of stuff ever since. It's been fun!

    ReplyDelete