Sunday, December 12, 2010

Malibu Mud Pie

So ever since June Louks has given me a taste of her AMAZING Malibu Mud Pie, I've been hooked. I've tried so hard to replicate the same delicate taste I experienced at her house that fateful day, but for some reason the recipe won't turn out quite right. It still maintains this really heavy and not very sweet nut flavor. While I'd still give the end product an 8/10 I'm thinking I need a vitamix to make this one. Anyhow, here are some photos of how I assembled the pie.


So first I blended up the base and stuck it in this container for a bit while I assembled the crust and chocolate layer.


I lightly pulsed a mixture of dates, almonds and salt in the food processor until I had a moldable, yet still chunky consistency for the pie crust. I pressed it into these glass containers after I had lined their insides with coconut oil to act as a greasing agent. 


Close up of the crust


I didn't manage to take a picture of the chocolate, but essentially I spread it along the walls of the containers, and on top of the crust. Once it had frozen, I infilled it with the coconut filling and let it set over night in the freezer. The end result looks a bit janky. I need to get a 9" pie plate. As for now I only have an 11" one which is far too big for something like this. It turned out ok though. I just want my pies to look AMAZING and not average. 

PEACE,

Cliff

1 comment:

  1. I think that mud pie looks weird but I'll eat it if you say its good!
    xo
    Dorian
    Cheryl and Elise love the coconut since they can't do dairy.

    ReplyDelete