Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Home for the Holidays

I got into CT this past Friday after a whirlwind of exams, and now I'm sitting here on my family room couch composing this post. It's been absolutely FREEZING, but some warm soup, a fire place, and a few beers with my friends have helped me to acclimate.

Being in this weather makes me realize just how fortunate I am to eat the way I do in California. The year round produce and mild weather make it the perfect climate to eat raw food. While I'm sure I could eat raw if I wanted to in CT during the winters, I'm not quite sure that it would be the most ecologically friendly way to eat. Considering the fact that the vegetables and fruits I would consume would be shipped from far away places, I just can't see how I could keep my "food miles" low while still keeping raw out here. I would love some insight from somebody who does eat raw full time in CT during the winter. I would be interested to hear what they have to say!

Anyhow, expect a lull in recipes and such because I'm essentially back to ovo-lacto vegetarianism for the time being. I'm allowing myself to eat whatever I want, and then when I return to California, I'll be more than ready to go back to raw foods.

Happy Holidays and I'll be sure to post after the holidaze!

-Cliff

No comments:

Post a Comment